Internationally Accredited as a Class-I ISO/IEC 17020 Inspection Body
- ASTM E329
- ASTM C1077
- ASTM D3666
- ASTM C1093
- ASTM D3740
- Liquid Asphalts
- Bituminous Mixtures
- Soil Testing
- Engineering Consultation
- NYC Special Inspection Agency
- Soil Boring
- Concrete Coring
- Video Inspection
- Ground-Penetrating Radar (GPR)
- X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF)
- Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
About Municipal Testing Laboratory, Inc.
Municipal Testing Laboratory, Inc. (MTL), was established in 1960 to provide construction inspection and testing services to owners, architects, engineers, public agencies, construction managers, and contractors. These services are provided at the job site, material supplier’s plant, or in our laboratory.
With offices in Hauppauge, New York; Queens, New York; Miami, Florida; and affiliates in Virginia and Grand Cayman, our service area includes the entire east coast and the Caribbean region. We are licensed by the state of Florida, and the city of New York, and approved by all the jurisdictions in which we offer our services.
We are accredited by the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO), inspected by the Cement and Concrete Reference Laboratory (CCRL) of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (formerly the National Bureau of Standards), and participate in the CCRL and AMRL (AASHTO) proficiency sample programs.
Our employees are certified by:
- American Concrete Institute (ACI)
- American Welding Society (AWS)
- American Society for Non-Destructive Testing (ASNT)
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET)
- New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT)
- Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT)
No other laboratory presently has as large a force of ACI, AWS, NICET, and ASNT Certified Inspectors as Municipal Testing Laboratory, Inc.
In addition, we use our own quality control manuals, which establish uniform inspection and testing techniques, to assure consistent and reliable results.
To train our personnel and maintain our standards, we have in-house dedicated areas and programs. These programs include those leading to certificates by ACI, NICET, ASNT, FDOT, and NYSDOT, as well as general interest programs. The training is offered to other interested parties on a contract basis.
Whatever the project, Municipal Testing Laboratory, Inc., offers the experience, the technical staff and the in-house resources needed for a successful testing and inspection program.
Partial Client List:
- New York State Department of Transportation
- New York City Department of Transportation
- Nassau County Department of Public Works
- Suffolk County Department of Public Works
- New York City Department of Environmental Protection
- New York City School Construction Authority
- New York Power Authority
- Port Authority of New York & New Jersey
- City University of New York
- Dormitory Authority of the State of New York
- Town of Oyster Bay
- Town of Hempstead
- Town of Babylon
- Town of Islip
- Then of Huntington
- Town of Smithtown
- Nassau County Community College
- Molloy College
- Rutgers University
- Ammann and Whitney
- Turner Construction Company
- STV Group, Inc.
- Hunter Roberts Construction Group
- Bovis Lend Lease
- Skanska USA Civil Northeast
- E.E. Cruz & Company, Inc.
Partial Project Types:
- Educational Facilities
- Hospitals/Healthcare Facilities
- Harbor Facilities
- Railroad Construction Projects
- Residential Multi-Family Housing
- Power Plants and Utility Projects
- Water & Sewage Treatment Plants
- Airport Projects
- Commercial Offices and Manufacturing Facilities